A versatile, multi-purpose emulsion that delivers potent barrier support. Formulated with Activated Silk™ 33B — a first-of-its-kind polypeptide solution designed specifically to boost the skin barrier for healthier-looking skin that’s smooth, plump and hydrated. This lightweight emulsion easily layers under moisturizers and sunscreens and can be combined with serums or worn alone. It’s a science-based barrier boosting formulation with clinically proven* results.
- Increases hydration and reduces trans-epidermal water loss
- Supports firmer looking, smoother skin
- Contains Activated Silk™ 33B, clinically proven** to improve the look of skin barrier, including fine lines, dullness and redness
- Formulated for use on all skin types, including sensitive
Numbers this high speak for themselves (and even caused us to double-check them).*
• 100% said skin immediately looked and felt more hydrated
• 100% said skin looked and felt firmer, smoother and plumper
• 94% agreed the appearance of fines lines was reduced
• 100% agreed skin tone looked even and radiant
• 100% agreed the emulsion had a soothing and calming effect on redness and irritation
• 100% agreed the overall health of skin improved significantly
Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Propanediol, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Soluble Fibroin, C14-22 Alcohols (and) C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Lysolecithin, Sclerotium Gum, Xanthan Gum, Pullulan, Allantoin, Sodium Phytate, Citric Acid
A healthy skin barrier is made of skin cells bound tightly together with a protein called claudin. Claudin gives your skin barrier structural integrity. This allows it to prevent moisture-loss, protect you from the environment, and respond effectively to skincare treatments.
When claudin production declines (due to age, stress, or the environment) your skin cells drift apart. And once your barrier is loosened your skin makes even less claudin, causing a cycle of decline.
As a sustainable biotech specializing in barrier science, we’ve put a lot of thought into this. Eight years of experimenting with silk peptides led us to an advancement in barrier technology: Activated Silk™ 33B. It's a first-of-its-kind polypeptide solution that supports the skin's natural production of claudin. Clinically proven** to maintain hydration, firm skin and improve the appearance of redness, Activated Silk™ 33B is beneficial to all skin types. And—unlike ingredients that simply cover up skin issues—your visibly improved texture and radiance won’t wash away with your skincare at the end of the day.
* Based on a clinical study of 33 subjects over a 28-day use period.
** Based on a clinical study of 32 subjects over a 28-day use period.
*** Based on a patch test on 51 subjects.